FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Cavuto LIVE is looking for a talented and hard-working Production Assistant, who loves current events and working in a fast-paced, breaking news environment. As an Production Assistant, the main responsibility will be finding and cutting the most compelling video, as well as creating informative, catchy graphics to visually tell the story. Other skills required are researching, booking, writing scripts and assisting with social media. Potential candidates must have the ability to deliver on tasks quickly during breaking news situations under tight deadline pressure. If you are looking to work with a great team of professionals on the number-one news channel in America, we can’t wait to meet you.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creating compelling videos and graphics
• Pitching story ideas and producing segments
• Conducting independent research, analyze and interpret domestic, international and political affairs to develop and pitch story ideas to anchor and senior show staff
• Researching, identifying and helping book potential guests for stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor’s degree and broadcast news experience is preferred
• Ability to edit and create graphics
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
• Familiarity with iNews, VIZ and an understanding of building program rundowns
• Flexibility to work various shifts when needed
• Motivated, self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize