At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life.
Discover your future at Pandora! We have a terrific opportunity for a passionate, analytical product manager to help shape the future of audio advertising by driving the development ad delivery and yield management capabilities across all platforms (e.g. mobile, web, auto, consumer electronic devices) and demand channels (e.g. direct sold digital, broadcast, programmatic). You'll need to walk the line between product vision and execution to effectively lead the development of these capabilities throughout the product lifecycle. This position is full time and based in our Oakland office.
• Maintain the pulse of where the advertising market is, where it is headed, and how Pandora's ad capabilities will evolve to meet the needs of customers.
• Become an expert in the dynamics of Pandora’s advertising business.
• In partnership with cross-functional stakeholders, lead the definition of a compelling vision and roadmap for ad delivery and yield optimization capabilities (e.g. pricing, inventory allocation strategies) which provide value for advertisers and help grow the next billion dollars in revenue. Own the what and why of your product area and represent it across the organization through written and verbal communication from PRDs to company-wide and external presentations.
• Drive the execution of the roadmap by maintaining a clear set of priorities, removing blockers, maintaining alignment with stakeholders, and supporting members of the product development team including engineering, data science, quality engineering, and product analytics.
• Be the owner of the health/success of your product area by defining, monitoring, and managing to a set of KPIs. Regularly seek insights, communicate wins, and proactively address issues.
• 5+ years product management experience
• Experience working with data science and engineering teams
• Exceptional analytical abilities and technical knowledge
• BS/BA in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
Nice to Have
• Experience building advertising technology
• Experience building marketplace products