Requisition ID 21544
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
As Product Designer, you execute the design vision and strategy to deliver industry leading designs for customer facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You will thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research and data to design experiences people love.
At Discovery, were looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY and/or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Provide hands-on Product Design; establish design direction/concepts and deliverables.
2. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Execute the product vision through user flows, mocks, prototypes and comprehensive specs.
4. Design, maintain and iterate Design components, personas, design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps and experience documentation for assigned products.
5. Participate in requirements definition process with Product, Business, and Engineering Teams.
6. Ensure quality of experience remains in scope AND collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
7. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Product teams.
8. Develop and maintain all Design Language libraries, personas, mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps and experience documentation.
9. Revise and update designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
10. Inspire new ideas through expert-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary products.
11. Other tasks as assigned.
3+ years of experience as UX Designer or Product Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
Experience designing multi-platform apps and connected product experiences.
BA Degree or higher in Product Design, Interactive Design, and/or User Centric Design.
Experience in iOS and Android Platforms is required.
Experience with 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems is a PLUS.
Expertise in Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
Working experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
Experience working in Agile and Matrixed organizations.
Education in Interaction Design, HCI, UX Architecture, and/or Product Design required.
Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders.
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
Capable of implementing customer centered principles and design centered practices.
Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms.
Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
Strong oral and written skills, and able to clearly present to small or large groups of people.
Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best, most compelling experience for consumers.
High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
Strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX, IXD, Visual, and Design Process is a MUST