The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a member of the product design team, you'll focus on our digital news product, which includes all aspects of CNN.com on mobile, tablet and desktop platforms.
• You'll drive design from early-stage feature discovery through usability testing, final delivery, and launch.
• You'll work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with product management, engineering, editorial, and research teams to create intuitive, feature-rich experiences for our audiences on our mobile web and desktop web platforms.
• Comfort with an agile, sprint-based workflow and a passion working with product teams to develop use-cases and high-level requirements will be required.
• Utilize user-centered research, discovery and design methodologies to define and visualize product-related hypotheses and recommendations.
• Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build a shared understanding, and reinforce the development of use cases and high-level requirements.
• Create storyboards, user flows, and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and thoroughly communicate detailed user behaviors.
• Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements.
• Analyze user interface problems and prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
• Work within and contribute to a component-based visual design system, delivering meticulous, high-fidelity design deliverables to development teams.
• Bachelors degree with 3+ years experience as a product designer in an agile-driven product environment.
• A portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions to real-world business cases.
• Knowledge/understanding of best-practices for user experience design, including usability principles, testing techniques, visual design principles and interaction design.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to breakdown complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to work pro-actively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Sketch, InVision, Principle, and Abstract.