At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are looking for a curious, smart, and enthusiastic intern to join our team, where you’ll have ownership over your own projects and the opportunity to learn from experienced analysts. In this role you’ll be working with Pandora’s analytics teams to uncover insights into the performance of our ad and consumer products. We’re looking for someone passionate about using insights to help drive decisions, and interested in music, advertising and data analytics.
Our Intern program has 2 sessions. Please let us know which session you would like to participate in.
June 3rd through August 9th
June 17th through August 23rd Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with cross functional groups including Product, Ad Operations and Engineering to identify key product opportunities
• Develop quantitative analysis using data extracted from hive and tools created
• Analyze key listener metrics to drive product decisions
• Create scheduled jobs that will extract data for analytic tools
• Build out visualizations of key metrics for consumption by Product, Ad Operations and Executive teams
• Present analytical approach and findings to key stakeholders
• Education: BA/BS or graduate degree in quantitative field, class of 2018 or 2019
• Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
• Ability to work with large datasets
• Comfortable with SQL
• Tableau, Hive/Hadoop, R, Python or SAS experience a plus
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Collaborative team player
• Strong focus on delivering insights that will lead to action
• Innovative mindset that will help improve our products
• Executes on opportunities to influence positive change