Job ID 2018-47741
Memphis is one of the busiest markets you’ll find anywhere. That’s why our producers won’t accept yesterday’s leftovers, but seek out today’s news. Severe weather. Breaking news. Those phrases get our blood pumping. If you’re on a mission to create an exciting show every day, a show that never gets put to bed, WREG may just be the shop for you.
You’ll work hard at WREG, so you’ve got to be able to keep up. Getting the facts right must be your highest priority. Producing at our shop includes story showcasing and writing, as well as posting stories online and on social media. You’ve got be a self-motivator, a strong writer and an ace at spelling and grammar.
We want the passionate, the producers who bring it every single day and take no prisoners.
• Produce newscasts that are fresh, accurate, balanced, imaginative, relevant, and meaningful.
• Manage your resources daily to provide quality, contemporary newscasts. Such resources include other members of the News Channel 3 organization, your sources of information, and production techniques.
• Direct, motivate and coach reporters, photographers and other team members to generate compelling stories.
• Communicate the On Your Side brand to viewers.
• Write strong stories, in active voice, using proper grammar, spelling and ensure factual accuracy.
• Post stories to the WREG website and social media.
• Control development of news day and newscast by working with News Director and Executive Producer.
• Direct, motivate and work with reporters and photographers to generate story ideas and direction
Strong writer, organizer, coordinator, speller and grammarian. Strong producing skills to develop write and organize the news for a logical and well paced newscasts. Experience in news reporting and gathering. Management skills to guide, schedule and coordinate work of reporters and photographers. Have a valid state driver’s license (or be able to get one).
A journalism degree or equivalent is preferred and/or two to three years of work experience.
Dexterity to operate buttons and switches on keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds of book, videotape, media, etc. Ability to drive news vehicles.
Interested parties should apply to the position AND submit links, resume and references to Bruce Moore, News Director, WREG-TV, 803 Channel 3 Ave., Memphis, TN 38103, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls!