Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in a digital or social media publishing environment? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Producer to join the Social team in London.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
Social Producers are journalists, story tellers and strategists on a mission to create compelling, engaging and innovative social content, digital content and campaigns. These Producers enhance and extend the journalism that CNN does across platforms. They are smart, agile thinkers who can see what is interesting in a TV segment, or find something interesting beyond the broadcast and execute in ways that drive views, likes and shares across CNN’s social accounts and digital platforms.
This is a hybrid role between CNN’s Social TV and Social Publishing team, responsible for creating content for CNN Digital and publishing to CNN International social accounts. The successful candidate will be a creative collaborator who thrives at the intersection of linear television and interactive media. They must be at home both in a control room and logged into a content management system. They will need to be resourceful and prepared to use every tool available; from writing articles to creating attention-worthy social and digital content daily. They will know how to engage with audiences across social networks, seeking new ways to weave social voices back into the fabric of our shows. They must be teachers and collaborators, sharing their vision for interactive storytelling and communication with everyone in the newsroom from Anchors to Associate Producers.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Writing articles highlighting key news developments that happen on CNN International’s television programming.
• Taking incoming breaking news or compelling, newsworthy interviews from our primetime shows, and writing content around these television moments for CNN digital.
• Amplifying such content across CNN and CNN International’s social platforms in a way that resonates with the broader CNNI social and digital audience.
• Maintaining close coordination between CNN International’s TV programming and CNN digital, working with Correspondents and showing teams how to boost their content through social media.
• Publishing CNN digital text content and video content across CNN and CNN International’s Facebook and Twitter accounts during the 1pm GMT – 9pm GMT hours.
• Editing social videos around key CNN International TV moments, and then publishing these video across CNN International, and sometimes CNN social platforms.
Knowledge and experience required
• A passion for real-time news, breaking news and social media
• A self-starter, motivated by social media success and breaking news
• Proven experience working in a digital native or social media publishing environment for a news organisation
• Strong writing skills with immaculate attention to detail
• Demonstrated success creating buzz-worthy editorial content (written, video, graphics, interactive) and proven success publishing to social media platforms and creating social campaigns across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Fluent in social media analytics, including Crowdtangle, NewsWhip Spike, Social Flow, Omniture, etc.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24/7 news environment
• Previous experience of publishing through a content management system
• Experience in shooting video and editing video content
• Experience with Photoshop
• Previous experience working with talent and correspondents
• Previous experience working with a global news organisation