OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Fox News is looking for an exceptional Producer to join our Washington, D.C. “America’s News Headquarters” weekend team. As the ANHQ Producer you are the lead booker four our team. You also have keen editorial skills-including strong writing and copyediting talent. You have the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television and book guests that will inform and enlighten our viewers. You are a pro-active, passionate and self-motivated individual. You handle breaking news well—and can deal effectively with last minute changes while multi-tasking. You are a team player that works well with diverse editorial staffs, guests, and technical teams.
You will be assigned the following shift: Wednesday - Sunday
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book newsmakers and other compelling guests on a wide range of news stories.
• Deal with satellite and guest logistics
• Write compelling and informative news scripts that are accurate and conversational.
• Copyedit your colleague’s scripts with a strong eye for accuracy and style
• Build contacts and developing unique sources that allow you the opportunity to book and produce informative guest segments.
• Build graphics and lower thirds that help emphasize and enlighten the viewer on the news subject at hand
• Edit VO’s and Soundbites for air, and package producing taped interviews and field pieces
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of television news experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Strong Experience booking guests and producing guest segments
• Strong communication and writing skills, including copyediting
• Experience with iNews and Viz systems