Univision is the most trusted brand by Hispanic America. We reach and engage with the fastest growing segment of the population via our multi-media platforms. Here is your opportunity to lead a passionate and dedicated news team. Univision Local Media SATX seeks a dynamic and innovative news producer with a passion to journalism and innovative way of producing news.
Univision Local Media San Antonio is looking for a passionate journalist for full time News Producer. In this role, you must be able to originate and develop story ideas and concepts. Research, write, and produce stories for air. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. Work with reporters, photographers, assignments desk, technical directors and editors in production of content. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions of special news programs and breaking news. Field produce coverage and performs other duties as needed and directed by News Management. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate stories and coverage in line with our editorial content strategy. Job Responsibilities
• Regular Weekly or ongoing duties include plan, structure, write, and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material including but not limited to multi media properties.
• Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
• Work with Assignment Editors and newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
• Produce and edit editorial content directly to website as needed.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required Skills & Experience
• At least two years newsroom experience as a producer and/or assignment editor work in medium to large markets and proven ability to showcase a newscast
• Must be highly proficient both in English and Spanish
• Must possess high ethical and journalistic standards
• Must be social media proficient and know how to use trending platforms
• Must be PC proficient - Word, Excel and Outlook, I-News software packages
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Newsroom systems, phones, fax, scanner, teleprompter, wire services, news feeds, and non-linear editing experience
• Possess solid news judgment and be a compelling and accurate writer
• Requires knowledge of the Hispanic community and traditions
• Detail oriented with ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skillsDesired Skills & Experience
• BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
• The ability to multitask and manage time to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be a team player with solid show/news content judgment
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidaysPhysical Requirements
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hoursEligibility Requirements
• Must be willing to work from office in San Antonio, TX
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/ About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled