Do you consume news 24/7? Are you a great writer with excellent time management skills, the ability to take charge, and a passion for getting to the heart of an issue? Join the WBIR Producer Academy!
WBIR is the NBC affiliate in Knoxville and the #1 station on all platforms and will offer hands-on experience to qualified applicants. It is one of 49 TV stations owned and operated by TEGNA, a large, public media company with stations in some of the country's top markets. We're committed to developing the next generation of media industry leaders. Our paid internship program gives students an opportunity to explore career paths across TEGNA.
Producers are in high demand across the country, and WBIR Producer Academy participants will gain valuable real-world experience and have the chance to build a network that will be invaluable throughout their careers. Come join us in the adventure!
• Produce engaging content for all platforms, including television, website, apps, and social media
• Learn how to select the right content for newscasts and/or digital platforms and how to present that content in an interesting and engaging way
• Hone your writing skills for all platforms
• Learn how to build and manage a show from editorial meeting to the booth
• Use social media and other tools to understand the audience's needs
• Assist as needed in the newsroom
• Be ready to land that first full-time job after graduation and start an exciting career!
Enrolled in college pursuing a degree in communication, broadcasting, and/or journalism with the goal of becoming a television news or digital producer.
TEGNA does not guarantee full-time, permanent employment upon completion of the internship program.**