This producer works with the team to help generate story ideas, report information and produce content for Reliable Sources. The ability to pitch ideas is critically important - well thought-out, creative, provocative ideas that will sustain a segment.
• Once team agrees on an idea, producer is responsible for booking or aiding in the booking of guests, researching those guests thoroughly, compiling research information for the anchor, and imagining the entire segment from start to finish - with well-written copy, strong video elements, and suggested questions.
• The Producer will work closely with other team members and management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent.
• Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines.
• 5+ years producing experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of television production required, as well as strong writing skills
• Control room experience is needed, as well as the ability to excel on a deadline
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together
• Requires keen news judgment and strong story instincts, as well as a powerful interest in how media and journalism intersect - stories about the nature of what we do
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands