Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
- A successful candidate will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management.
- We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge video technologies.
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
- Manage cross-functional and third-party resources for the implementation of systems designs
- Work with internal and third-party systems to design automation systems for the configuration and management of video infrastructure
- Work closely with the team, communicate effectively and share ideas with colleagues and management
- Use different techniques to debug and optimize video infrastructure
- Be able to understand and execute video infrastructure requirements
- The candidate will work closely with engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop next-generation video infrastructure
- Contribute in an improvement of existing video delivery
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in Live and VOD video environments
- OTT and Mobile video streaming experience
- Deep knowledge of container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (HLS and DASH)
- Proven experience working with client-side video developers to optimize video playback
- Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9 and AAC audio and video codecs
- Multi-DRM and rights management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud environments and CDN delivery
- Knowledge of network routing protocols for IP, Source Specific Multi-casting, and UDP.
- Strong background in IP Networking.
You might also have -
- Experience performing load/stress tests on video infrastructure
- Experience with VR video delivery
- Experience with development of Chromecast applications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled