Are you creative in developing visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest? If you answered yes, keep reading.
The Green Bay Press-Gazette/greenbaypressgazette.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for Photographer/Videographer to join our digital first team.
• Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience.
• Uses audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
• Demonstrates high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement.
• Acts as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
• Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.).
• Work with editors to evaluate what’s working and what’s not and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
• Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
• Promote personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
• Provide great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
• Bachelor's or master’s in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience. We will also consider candidates with strong internships.
• Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
• Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
• Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop.
• Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Strong industry knowledge.
• Organizational skills.
• Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
• Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
• Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
• Writing, spelling, grammar, AP style.
• Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
• This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
• Pre-employment background check and urinalysis drug screen required.