Cox Media Group - Miami Radio WFLC/HITS 97.3
has an opening for part time On-Air Hosts
for future openings. We're looking for talent to put on a show, not just an air-shift. The ideal candidate can easily connect with people on-air, in person and on social media. Individuals applying for this position must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, be able to work within format parameters to maximize ratings and revenue success, and be able to relate to the lifestyle that is South Florida. You should be a great story teller, understand the concept of forward momentum in a PPM world, be immersed in pop-culture, be active and forward thinking with social media and video, and have the ability to effectively tease and deliver on compelling content with great pacing and timing. Please include your Air Check Package with application! Responsibilities:
- Show prep, including format related content, pop-culture content and local content; writing and posting web and social media content; writing and delivering commercial or personal endorsement content.
- Hosting regular air shifts, plus other voice-tracked shifts as assigned.
- Duties include working closely with program director to develop relatable content, execute format, and deliver ratings goals.
- Control board operation, including editing phone bits, interviews and other audio.
- Remotes and appearances at station or life group functions, as assigned.
- Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions and personal endorsements.
About Cox Media Group
- Minimum 1 year on-air experience, with Top 40 radio format experience preferred.
- Strong on-air presence. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of success in ratings and revenue.
- Experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
- Experience with audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems (Wide Orbit, Audiovault, etc.), word processing, audio editing and web/social media.
- Available as needed, including nights, weekends, etc., when required.
- MUST be social media savvy, ready to hit the Miami scene and execute a PPM-friendly and engaging radio show.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company's operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country's biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.