Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our evening newscasts. This person will work closely with the Assistant News Director, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage his/her time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Must have writing skills (for both broadcast and print) and be prepared for a writing test during the interview process
• Must have at least one year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
• Journalism degree preferred
• proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
Attn: News Director
49 Old Hickory Lane
Johnstown, PA 15905
Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!