If interested please apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4374
(No phone calls please.)
Work hours schedule: Varies / includes weekends
Full Time: YES
Non-exempt (eligible for over time): YES
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots video for news reports.
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
• Maintains video equipment.
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
• Operates live microwave trucks and bonded cellular live units in remote situations.
• Posts video and pictures to social media outlets from scenes.
• Publishes web articles
• Will be on-call overnight and on weekends as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma.
• Fluency in English. Bilingual is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Experience operating video recording equipment.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Photographer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.