The Fox News College Associate Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news industry. College Associates are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. College Associates are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience and career aspirations.
• Must be enrolled in accredited college or university during the program
• Resume and cover letter detailing why you should be selected for this program
• Strong academic record
• Prior relevant work/internship experience
• Committed and available to work entire semester/summer
• Students are responsible for their own housing and transportation
• College credit is NOT required to be eligible for the program
If selected to move forward in the interview process:
• Demonstrated knowledge of current events and/or business news
• Transcript or letter showing proof of enrollment
• Letters of recommendation
Areas of Placement:
Students may be placed on Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox News Radio, Fox News Headlines 24/7, Foxnews.com, Foxbusiness.com, Foxnewsinsider.com, or Foxnation.com based on their prior experience and interests as determined in the interview process.
• TV: production, writing, research, booking, assignment desk, technical operations, graphics
• Radio: production, technical operations
• Web: writing, reporting, production
• Web Development
• Product Development: online, mobile, apps
• Social Media
• Web design
• Business Development
• Media Relations
• Human Resources
8 weeks long. 32 hours per week.
We are a 24/7 news operation. Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
Accepting applications from September 19 to November 30 (Program begins in February)
Other Program Features:
Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing and producing for our online properties.
Campus Ambassador Program: Represent the Fox News brand on your campus while pitching and reporting on stories that matter to college students.
Lead College Associate Program: Enhance your leadership skills while working on additional projects during the semester.