Cumulus Media’s Dallas location is offering a great opportunity for a News Anchor/Social Media Specialist. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are:
Cumulus Media Dallas currently features 7 stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area: KTCK 1310 The Ticket, KPLX 99.5 The Wolf, KSCS 96.3 New Country, KESN 103.3 ESPN, WBAP 820 News/Talk, KLIF-AM 570 News/Talk, & KLIF-FM Hot 93.3. At Cumulus Dallas we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee. More recently, Cumulus is the proud creator of NASH- an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment brand targeting over 90 million country music fans nationwide.
Cumulus Media Dallas is seeking an experienced News Anchor/Social Media Coordinator for the combined WBAP/KLIF News Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidates for this position must have at least three years large to major market experience in radio news.
• The individual will be called upon to anchor newscasts, with the primary responsibility in the Midday on WBAP.
• The individual will also be responsible for updating and monitoring social media sites during the anchor shift.
• Experience with long-form, breaking, non-scripted, long-form news coverage is vital.
• Individual will generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections with the community
• Individual will set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social content.
• Individual must have a solid understanding of how each social media platform works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging. You will be responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the stations
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good at problem solving and prioritizing
• Great team player
What we Offer:
Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at https://www.cumulus.com/work-here/
Freda Ross, News Director
Cumulus Dallas/Ft. Worth
3090 Olive Street, Suite #400
Dallas, Texas 75219
Send resume, writing sample, and air check when applying. Applications without writing samples and air check will not be considered.
No phone calls Please
www.wbap.com www.klif.com www.kscs.com www.theticket.com www.kesn1033.com www.995thewolf.com www.hot933hits.com
3090 Olive Street, West Victory Plaza, Suite #400, Dallas, Texas 75219
Telephone: 214-526-2400 Fax: 972-708-4146