• Provide timely, detailed station information to outside sales offices
• Accompany account executives on presentations and sales calls
• Weekly management reports on billing and call activity
• Creative and strategic team player
• Plan/execute travel
• Identification, assignment and monitor progress of accounts to national account executives
• Detailed, accurate revenue forecasting
• Coordination with Local Sales Manager on accounts, which may involve both local and national sales organizations.
• Activity in community or charitable organizations.
• Attendance at station sponsored events.
• Conducts ascertainment interviews as required.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business and/or marketing or previous advertising/media sales experience
• 5-10 years in broadcast sales and 3+ years in broadcast sales management
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong Agency and Retail Advertising required with strong focus and experience in managing/executing new business
• Strategic, motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who is able and willing to work effectively in a matrix organization
• Ability to develop customized marketing solutions for clients, possess exceptional presentation skills and have a professional presence
• Proven track record of success in media sales at agencies and on client side
• Proficient in MS Office -- including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Skills & Experience
• Articulate, well-spoken and highly organized with ability to multi-task
• Ability to convey information to account executives at outside sales offices in both written and verbal forms.
• Able to present research information and station proposals in a clear and enthusiastic manner
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
• Ability to collaborate/communicate effectively with relevant departments at Univision
• Working knowledge of television applications such as Strata, Matrix CMR and qualitative programs like Scarborough or Nielsen Advantage
• Must be willing to work from office in Houston, Texas
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States