The Multimedia Technician is responsible for providing the technical production and promotional support for live broadcasts, news and commercials productions including TV, radio, digital and local events. This position requires the ability to switch, do camera work, prompter, audio board, in studio and on field, edit video is preferred and audio knowledge a plus. Candidates need to be well versed in usage of studio and field cameras and be able to adapt to multiple positions during the week all under the multimedia production environment.
• Applicants should be able to execute live broadcasts positions without supervision
• knowledge of content production for online and digital outlets
• Switch, camera work, prompter, audio board, in studio and on field
• Technical production and promotional support for live broadcasts, news and commercials productions including TV, radio, digital and local events
Required Skills & Experience:
● Basic knowledge of Adobe CC suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition)
● Broadcast experience with all aspects of ENG/SNG
● Studio set-up for various productions that includes lighting and audio
● Working knowledge of broadcast and technical news equipment, LiveU and digital switchers
● Professional camcorders and DSLRs (Canon, Panasonic and Sony)
● Field production lighting, audio recording and gear
● Green screen and studio production environment
● Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
● PC and MAC computer skills
● Applicants must have a valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record
● Proficient in written and oral Spanish and English
● Good attitude, be proactive and work well in a fast paced-deadline driven environment
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent exposure to TV Production, Communications or Digital Media.
• 2 years of production experience with different types of broadcast media (video, audio and graphics) preferred
• iNews, VizRT experience and news gathering tools is a plus
• vCreative, Smartsheet or other workflow tools is a plus
• Ability to drive, stand, walk and sit for up to 8 hours.
• Must be able to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to Lift 50lbs
• Must be willing to work from office in Austin, TX
• High school graduate