WWL-TV, the TEGNA owned property in New Orleans is looking for a Multi-Platform Producer who can write, edit, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and news content for broadcast, online and social content. Producers must be able to multi-task during the newsgathering hours, sharing content before, during and after a newscast or digital post.
In this role, you will:
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Deliver on-air, online news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
• Inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
In this role, you will need:
The ideal candidates are willing to develop new non-traditional production techniques, are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content. 1 to 2 years experience required.