Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks operates branded entertainment channels around the world. The channels offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third-party distributors, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
Based in Soho, London, eventually moving to Paddington in 2020, the SPT Networks group is looking for a Media Planning Coordinator to join their team.
In this role you will be responsible for utilising GRiPit to populate daily network transmission logs with on-air promotions and other elements in order to optimise the viewer experience and to achieve pre-determined reach and frequency goals for targeted audiences. You will also work closely with the Scheduling and Programming teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of daily logs for the UK Networks.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Developing and maintaining familiarity with promotional priorities and available promotional elements to help drive ratings and enrich the viewing experience.
• Scheduling on-air promotions, secondary events and interstitial elements on the log to achieve pre-determined campaign objectives.
• Ensure proper implementation of promotional elements and ensure the breaks are well structured.
• Maintaining promo element inventory in GRiPit.
• Providing input to Senior Media Planning Manager regarding the development of needed promotional elements (e.g spot lengths, number of campaigns required).
• Proof reading logs created by others to check for errors and adherence to promotional priorities.
To be considered for this role you must be:
• Detail oriented with strong organisational skills.
• Have the ability to multi-task and work well under deadline-based pressures.
• Demonstrate good communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of media planning terminology (reach, frequency, GRPs, ratings, etc.).
• Numeric – comfortable working with, analysing and interpreting data. Experience working with TechEdge would be helpful.
• Have knowledge of local media and entertainment landscape (broadcast, cable, OTT).
• Have the ability to work effectively with uncertainty/changing environments.
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills.
• Typically, 1-2 years media industry experience required in programming, media planning/promo scheduling.