The TEGNA Media-Mid Atlantic Master Control Hub in Greensboro, NC is looking for a Master Control Hub Operator. This position is part of a team responsible for the monitoring and support of multiple stations 24 by 7 in a single centralized environment. This position will perform duties to ensure the on-air integrity of multiple network programming feeds and provide immediate response to emergency situations that may affect on-air programming.
• Monitor and trouble shoot technical aspects of network operations and ensures the integrity of multiple simultaneous program streams
• Provide support and training to staff located at the stations being serviced by this facility
• Provide immediate or timely corrective measures to remedy problems or issues prior to broadcast of programming
• Ensure accuracy of traffic logs and take appropriate corrective measures as necessary
• Operate video switchers and router panels routing video and audio signals, file servers, multi-channel automation systems, electronic spot delivery systems and all related broadcast equipment
• College Degree or 2 years of industry experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Knowledge of and ability to use electronic equipment and computer hardware and software related to television broadcast operations, including VTRs, video and audio routing equipment, file servers, remote transmitter monitoring equipment and multi-channel automation systems.
• Knowledge of and ability to use Crispin Automation, Harris Louth Automation, Omneon Servers, and Miranda iControl Remote Station Management software or like systems from other vendors
• Ability to troubleshoot and act on broadcast problems
• Customer Service attributes and skills
• Organization and time management skills