Emmis Communications is a diversified media company, operating across several U.S. markets. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
• A manager with at least one year of marketing and event planning experience who can conceive, plan and execute station promotional campaigns and events
• A leader with one year of supervisory experience who can teach and motivate employees on how to represent our stations at community and promotional events
• Dependable, affable, and a liaison who can work with various departments to build upon the KROX image in order to attract new listeners and clients
Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks, treat its people well, and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
Emmis Austin Radio is a branch of Emmis Communications with a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX including: NewsRadio KLBJ-AM (590), Star Radio (93.3), KLBJ-FM (93.7), ACL Radio (97.1), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), KLZT (107.1), and Latino 102.7.
Emmis Austin Radio seeking a full time Marketing Director to manage and direct the 101X promotion team, work with the 101X sales department, and maintain public relations between the Austin community and the station’s clients. This position helps build the station’s image with the focus on attracting new listeners and clients, while increasing the loyalty of current audiences and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conceives, plans, and executes all station promotional campaigns and events
• Oversees station contests including: originating or adapting ideas, determining prizes and listener events, maintaining accurate records of contestants and winners, and ensuring contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and the law
• Represents stations at community events, promotions, etc.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• 360 branding strategy: plan and execute all digital marketing which includes texting and station e-mail newsletters
• Other job related duties assigned as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly supervises Promotions Coordinators, Promotions Assistants, and Promotions interns
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• College degree preferred. High school diploma, or equivalent, is required
• One year of management experience required
• One year of event planning and branding experience required
• Radio experience preferred
• Work nights and weekends as-needed
• Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance required
Please submit a resume and application online: www.emmis.com. Refer to posting and no phone calls please.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/EMMIS AUSTIN RADIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER