Reporting into the Vice President, Digital & Corporate Marketing, the Marketing Director plays a critical role in developing and packaging innovative opportunities and products to Meredith’s travel advertisers.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader with a track record of delivering creative solutions and best-in-class ideas that connect with consumers, deliver results for advertisers and drive revenue. This individual will have their finger on the pulse of consumer and marketplace trends shaping business and have an ability to create a narrative that clearly articulates Meredith’s strengths and competitive advantage.
The Marketing Director will be focused on leveraging the full scope of Meredith’s portfolio of assets to generate revenue; as such, this role will work closely with Editorial; Digital; Video; Data; Brand; Product and Creative teams to develop and execute on new advertiser opportunities as well as positioning and messaging within the category.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage and mentor team to develop best in class ideas in response to RFPs that can live cross-platform and generate revenue
• Proactively lead strategic positioning and planning to elevate Meredith’s leadership in the Travel category
• Develop and package innovative solutions and products for travel advertisers
• Eight to ten years of experience in marketing and sales promotion (digital and/or integrated marketing); travel advertising experience, a plus. First-hand experience leading, managing and developing junior staff and team.
• Proven leader with an established track record of creative ideation and program strategy
• Can effectively lead and develop staff (direct report and/or support staff) as it relates to category and project/program management
• Identify and understand category and client priorities, concerns, challenges, and goals
• Actively research and understand trends and opportunities in the Domestic, International and Luxury Travel industry, tracking these trends in pursuit of new ideas and to provide thought leadership
• Exceptional creative writing and storytelling skills with an ability to execute
• Ability to work cross-functionally to lead the Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Insights and Client Service
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.