Requisition ID 20508
Join the team that positions, markets and messages the entire line-up of shows across Discovery and Science channels. We work hard to know our audience inside out and develop strong campaigns across on-air, cross and paid media to keep our viewers engaged and bring in new audiences. This candidate must be an energetic, innovative thinker with finely tuned project management skills and a passion for marketing.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing Strategy and is responsible for assisting in the daily management of the positioning and messaging for show titles. This role will be responsible for marketing program priorities across both networks, supporting the creation and delivery of creative assets, and helping to execute strategic partnerships, consumer events and promotions.
1. Assist the marketing lead by coordinating specific aspects of select marketing campaigns on Discovery and Science Channels including developing launch strategy, promotions and working with marketing team and all cross-functional teams to ensure goals are being met.
2. Maintain marketing documents including launch calendars, project deliverables lists, presentations and recaps.
3. Execute internal administrative duties such as meeting set up, shipping, premium ordering, events etc.
4. Track campaign budgets as well as invoice and payment process, ensuring projects stay within assigned budget.
5. Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time.
6. Assist in identifying and activating unique and effective partnerships to extend marketing reach.
7. Help in the creation of creative briefs that position priority series and specials.
8. Fulfilment of ongoing requests from internal/external partners
9. Assist with miscellaneous duties as necessary, gathering materials for internal or external presentations, archiving campaigns, etc.
• 1-3 years of advertising/marketing experience and/or relevant internship experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising or related field
• Direct experience in the consumer promotion and entertainment industry is a plus.
• Genuine passion for entertainment industry is a must! Highly motivated, proactive, ‘can do’ attitude, extremely well-organized, enthusiastic and ability to learn by on the job training
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
• Superior project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage timelines and a large number of deliverables and assets.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in Mac environments as well as MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.