FOX Sports South is searching for a Manager of Remote Operations to join their team in Atlanta. This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with various aspects of remote and studio operations for FOX Sports South and Southeast. The Manager manages two Production Coordinators on all aspects of event coordination, including the creation of Production Information Books for every remote event that contains all relevant operations information such as truck, crew and production team contacts, technical requirements and facility information. This position is also responsible for training new Production Coordinators. They will oversee all aspects of hiring and paying technical crew members for remote and studio events and original programming shoots.
• Directly manage two Production Coordinators on all aspects of event coordination. This includes the creating Production Information Books for every remote event that contain all relevant operations information including truck, crew and production team contacts, technical requirements and facility information.
• Responsible for training new Production Coordinators
• Oversee all aspects of hiring and paying technical crew members for remote and studio events and original programming shoots
• Work with local crewers to request appropriate freelance personnel and book qualified technicians for our broadcasts
• Process relevant vendor invoices (truck, crew, equipment, transmission, facility fees, etc.). Updates Production Summary Reports to accurately detail all line item costs.
• Assist the Director of Operations with forecasting, tracking and reconciling all budgets
• Coordinate national or high profile events, as assigned by Director of Operations
• Participate in associated meetings and conference calls
• Functions as the back-up for all other Operations staff members
• This position requires a high school diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting or Radio/TV/Film is preferred
• A minimum 5 years of experience in live sporting events and technical operations is necessary
• Previous management experience preferred
• Experience with production budgets is helpful
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational and project coordination skills
• The ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with studio production and remote production facilities is necessary
Apply For Job