Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning content (both Disney and non-Disney branded), including Disney books, magazines and comic books. Its products are printed in more than 85 languages across 103 countries, and it is considered the largest publisher of children’s books and magazines in the world.
Reporting to the Production Director, this Manager position is responsible for managing all phases of assigned book production from estimating to the manufacturing of approximately 150-200 first print titles, overseeing the special sales and custom publishing programs, and maintaining the ILS database of approved vendors, for both the vertical group and our licensee partners. This role serves as an advocate for each title and is involved in every phase of production ensuring assigned books are printed and delivered as specified. This position specializes in high end books with an emphasis on special effects, working on very tight deadlines and working with high profile authors and illustrators to guarantee beautiful, high quality books.
This position also
• Participates in weekly production meetings providing realistic estimates of production time and cost for a title. Advises on the feasibility, scheduling, costs, etc., to help determine best course of action.
• Responsible for the timely and cost-effective production of assigned book titles. Develops cost-effective production schedules and monitors status of projects in production. Liaison with Editorial, Design and Sales team keeping all parties informed on production schedule, cost and timing updates. .
• Partners with the Operations and Sales teams to look at inventory and identify books for reprint by reviewing sales and trends to maximize sales and consumer demands.
• Solicits and negotiates outside vendors for prepress and manufacturing.
• Reviews proofs with art directors and editors for quality. Ensures timely delivery of books to warehouse for retail distribution.
• Follow up on all issues concerning quality control and processing of vendor invoices and payments.
Minimum 8 - 10 years experience in book production.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of CPSIA and ILS standards and regulations.
• Working knowledge of Quark, Photoshop, MS Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of SAP a plus.
Be sure to take time to explore all the exciting Disney Consumer Products lines of business at http://www.DCPCareers.com and read about the variety of people who have made DCP the success it is today.
Auto req ID 47925BR