Manager, Production Admin
Position reports to:
EVP Production Administration
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
Reporting to the EVP of Production Administration, the Manager will be the central liaison point person for all Production Administration Executive Coordinators and their movies. They will have a universal overview of Columbia Pictures and TriStar Policy & Procedures and will need to accurately communicate & implement those policies and protocol in connection with show Production Coordinators. This role will be the face of Columbia Pictures and TriStar in building & maintaining relationships with outside Vendors, Film Commissions, Production Service Companies and the alike.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain & distribute Sony Personnel distribution lists for each project to Columbia and TriStar Productions coordinators and crews
• Must demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of, & methodology for applying the policies contained within the Production Manual
• Must be able to plan and execute Pre-Production “launch” call with staff coordinators, welcome and introduction to SONY and its departments
• Responsible for the maintenance of relationships with POCs, UPMs and all Columbia and TriStar Productions
• Comfortability working cross functionally with various departments i.e. Shipping, Transportation and Sustainability departments
• Autonomously manage time throughout day as Liaison between production of and Studio departments
• Act as care-taker of Physical Production’s role in the Sustainability Initiative
• Act as point person for ensuring each production makes every effort to receive the Green Certificate
• Act as a Physical Production Controller responsible for wrapping and tracking of assets and sets for each project, the requisite inventories to ensure proper record keeping for the studio’s files
• Maintain Warehouse rental(s) for local storage, return of assets to SPE storage
• Coordinate Sale of Assets (working with Lynn Sharrott-York)
• Cultivate & Maintain global stage relationships, availability, rental rates, deposit expectations
• Aggregate and maintain HOD availability lists amongst production executives. Ensure the lists are up to date and as current as possible
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of all SONY operations, “systems” and platforms, for e.g. Scenechronize, Ci platform, PIX, Telecom, On-Lot Office space rental system requirements & processes
• Collaborate with the EVP of Production Administration, the construction, management and coordination of the Trainee and Intern programs for the Production Administration Department
• Collaborate with the EVP of Production Administration to vet potential candidates
• Create framework & functionality for the program and these roles to create value for both the recipient and the department
• Must demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current Tax Incentive & Rebate Structures worldwide, global currencies, the exchange rates and their impact & contribution to Columbia and TriStar films.
• Maintain relationships with film commissions and production services companies
• Bachelors Degree Required (Bachelor’s of Art’s preferred)
• Entertainment or corporate experience preferred
• 3-5 Years of Field Freelance production required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, frequent overtime may be required
• Working knowledge of feature film physical production and protocol.
• Demonstrate uderstanding and appreciation of production roles, timelines, schedules, and priorities.
• Must demonstrate affability and serviceability. This position is the “face” of the physical production department to the project crew, outside organizations and government agencies we work with
• Must be highly skilled in programs such as: Movie Magic Scheduling, Microsoft Suite, Final Draft, FileMaker Pro, Aspera
• Must be skilled at: both outward facing into the Columbia and TriStar Pictures film productions, and inward facing into the Production Administration Department.
• Must operate as the central point of information and liaison for all policy and procedure inquiries from our Show Production Coordinators.
• Establish, coordinate and manage relationships with our Productions and other Sony Departments.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.