Nexstar Broadcasting is looking for a results-oriented Sales Manager to lead a field sales team that sells marketing solutions to our customers within our local market. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast paced, budget-driven organization and is responsible for meeting sales goals. Nexstar Broadcasting is looking for a manager with strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills to ensure objectives are met.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of digital business, new business and achievement of revenue goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast / digital sales teams, to include performance evaluations.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, digital and new product revenue.
• Calls on accounts with Account Executives.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
• Manages Accounts Receivable.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum three years' media sales experience.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Experience with OSI, Wide Orbit Sales, Matrix and Rentrak is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.