Job ID: R-001571
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Label Relations:
o Main liaison between distributed labels & internal team
o Foster strong relationships with key individuals at distributed labels
o Ensure third party labels are informed of all ways they can best work with ADA to maximize the relationship
o Ensure consistent procedures/optimal service for label partners & their artists
o Provide account management team with key marketing & sales information on new releases, on-going priorities, & general label activity
o Communicate to labels all specific information & needs related to the product setup process
o Keep active contacts and participate in attracting new label distribution relationships.
o Represent ADA at various industry events
• Sales & Marketing:
• Guide labels in evaluating & forecasting market opportunity for each priority artist
• Organize/lead set-up for key releases including managing follow-up/action items
• Analyze sales details to identify opportunity as well as inventory needs
• Implement, organize and execute creative marketing with retail and college marketing teams
• Maintain a localized/domestic approach with an understanding to broaden opportunity with worldwide partners
• Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized, detailed oriented and multitask while working under pressure
• Strong management skills with the ability to drive projects to completion
• Excellent communication oral and written communication skills
• Ability to translate analysis into actionable strategy
• Broad knowledge of music and independent record labels
• Ability to follow and comply with company administrative policies and procedures
• 5+ years of label / distribution experience
• Strong knowledge of physical and digital independent distribution
• Track record of managing productive relationships with independent labels
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent business experience
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require.
Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.