Reporting to the EVP of International Marketing, the Manager of International Publicity oversees general publicity functions and services publicity needs for each market. The position handles titles under the banners of Tristar, Screen Gems, SPWA (Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions), Affirm and Sony Classics.
• Help develop, implement and execute strategic publicity campaigns
• Plan and implement International talent tours: managing territory schedules, international premieres, press junkets, shoots, film festivals, set visits and special events.
• Maintain relationships with filmmakers and talent representatives to secure publicity opportunities throughout the campaign
• Responsible for building and managing all aspects of publicity campaign budgets
• Interact with and effectively communicate campaign goals with senior executives in the international offices as well as home office
• Manage and implement logistics in coordinating media promotions and special shoots
• Contribute key concepts and stunts ideas for promotional campaign
• Manage and fulfill all requests for publicity materials such as production notes, photography, creative content, talent greetings, clips, epk, etc.
• Coordinate and obtain the required approval for all creative assets used in a publicity campaign
• Identify cross promotions opportunities with different lines of business and strategic partners
• Capitalize on existing media buys to garner additional media value and added placement on local radio, in print and television
• 5+ years experience in international publicity at a studio or PR agency setting
• Familiarity with international film festivals and awards space
• Possess a keen understanding of traditional and digital media
• Cross cultural awareness with high emotional intelligence