Job ID 649185BR
The Manager, Current Series will be responsible for creative oversight for all facets of production for Disney Channel and Disney+ streaming content. Responsibilities include evaluating and giving notes on scripts and cuts, casting, hair/makeup/wardrobe, as well as post production. Duties also include working closely with all internal Disney Channel/Disney+ departments (talent, programming, social media, brand management, and marketing) to keep everyone apprised of each series. This person will liaison with agents, managers, and the creative community to identify potential showrunners, writers and directors for every project.
• Work closely with VP of department and supervise every aspect from pre-production to post production on current series (including script/cut notes, writing loglines, attending table reads, run-throughs, and on-set oversight of physical production).
• Develop strong relationships and work very closely with executive producers to deliver the highest quality content for the Disney platforms
• Oversee ongoing episodic casting while working closely with our internal talent department
• Utilize existing and newly developed relationships with agents, managers and the creative community to recruit the best writers/producers and directors for our series.
• Provide support to diversity & inclusion program and activities
• Track competitive development/programming, kids’ trends, interests, values and pop culture.
• Prepare internal moving forward documents as needed in preparation for each series' greenlight and subsequent season pickups
• Attend focus groups as needed
• A minimum of 3 years working in Current programming live action multi-camera and single camera comedy series
• Excellent ability and knowledge of effectively articulating story and character structure and development with showrunners a must
• Entertainment industry contacts with agents, managers, executives, writers, directors required.
• Knowledge of kids’ audience and values a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience