Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive DESCRIPTION:
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our small, but enthusiastic, media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including Desktop, Mobile, and Connected Devices. Our diverse blend includes TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
As Lead QA & Release Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and driving quality and release engineering strategies and repeatable processes to support AGILE product delivery for media brand sites, mobile apps, connected devices, responsive publishing platforms and third-party syndication/integration efforts. You will be part of a small team of dedicated QA engineers who have a comprehensive understanding of our product suite, have autonomy over manual testing methodologies, own the quality of our product releases, and communicate risks to ensure features are delivered defect free and in a timely manner. In this role, you will work closely with design, product, and engineering peers in a fast-paced AGILE environment.
- Establish an AGILE quality and engineering center of excellence that serves as the framework of best practices, tools, and processes AGILE teams use to consistently deliver high quality products
- Coach QA peers, provide team training, and drive the adoption of software quality best practices
- Act as a liaison between manual and automated testing teams
- Create a release strategy to support continuous integration and continuous delivery within our AGILE teams
- Develop communication tools that provide product delivery quality insights to stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Develop test strategies and create end-to-end test plans for feature development and new product initiatives
- Execute test cases related to feature development and analyze results
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Create artifacts to document testing phases and defects
- Conduct post-release/post-deployment testing
- Help troubleshoot issues after product releases
What you bring to the team--
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience of software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with various functional and nonfunctional software testing methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson etc.)
- Experience with JIRA and Test Rail or other bug tracking or database systems
- Experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM development process
- Excellent communication and coordination skills across multiple teams
You may also have--
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, LoadImpact, TestComplete, etc.
- Experience with cross-browser testing tools such as BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, EndTest, etc.
- Experience in supporting a QA practice for high traffic web assets
- Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS, GCP and/or Rackspace
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled