Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
Identifies customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
Uncovers client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis
Manage large scale broadcast projects from initial concept to completion
Produce detailed technical workflows outlining results via PowerPoint
Estimate cost of projects; write CPR's; work with finance to stay abreast of resources
- Present detailed weekly updates and process reports to key stakeholders
- Liaise with Steering committees, VPs, Directors, project sponsors and strategic partners
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full Project life cycle ownership: Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of CBS's strategic objectives
- Manage and lead project teams consisting of on shore and off shore internal / external resource
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business sponsors, key stakeholders, SDEs and project team to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources, as well as chair team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes through the change management process
- 8+ years of business analysis experience with previous supervision or project management experience required. PMO Certification a plus.
- Experience in a Media Industry environment preferred
- Exceptional understanding of broadcast and distribution equipment; Xytech systems strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Solid understanding of technology including web-enabled n-tier architectures.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Very strong results with people, thought, leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic, Innovative thinking and vision
- Good Negotiator
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Solid understanding of technology
- Team Leadership experience preferred
- Must be able to travel and work overtime when necessary, sometimes on short notice * Demonstrated ability to liaise with Steering committees, VPs, Directors, project sponsors and strategic partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & IT strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in leading/driving project teams
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Proven full Project Lifecycle ownership and solid previous experience in developing and deploying templates for medium to large size implementations to ensure predictability and consistency across the Portfolio.
- Established practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expend and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
- Established track record in defining success criteria, metrics, test and deployment management methodologies.
- Possess strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong functional and technical knowledge.
- Managed process improvement initiatives assessing current and future state solutions contributing to improving the success of the Project Portfolio.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data, and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Acted as an internal quality control check for all projects; stage gating and specifically test and deployment management activities across the Portfolio driving consistency.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled