We work with Sony as a 2nd party studio, and 2013 is a big year for Zindagi. With projects ranging from mobile to next-gen console, we are looking for extremely talented performers to join our team! In the past, we collaborated directly with Sony on their Move tech from its inception all the way through R&D, production, and release. The result is that Zindagi is the top selling Move developer in the world, selling millions of units along the way. And now we are working on the next big thing!
Zindagi Games is located in Camarillo, California... just minutes from the ocean- midway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.
The word Zindagi literally means 'LIFE' and a better life is what we hope to provide. Good employers care about their employees at work. GREAT employers care about their employees, period. Every employee at Zindagi Games has a say, both in the game and how the company is run. Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way we want to be treated.
To demonstrate this ideal, let's start with every other Friday off! We work what's called a 9/80 work-week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday -Thursday, then 8 hours on one Friday, and the other Friday we are off. In the end its still 40 hours per week, but working this schedule will allow you to have more concentrated time with family and friends.
We also offer 3 weeks a year of PTO (Personal Time Off) and a holiday shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. And that's in addition to every other Friday off and the standard holidays. When you add it all up, that's over 2.5 months off per year that you are away from work.
And on top of all of that, we recently moved into our own custom designed office. We’ve got spacious work stations, expansive ceilings with natural lighting, a fully stocked and private gym, our own mo-cap studio, a professional focus test room, and a pub style game room with TVs, pool tables, and more!Further, we offer excellent benefits:
medical, dental, vision, and life, as well as a 401k plan with matching dollars and no vesting period.Responsibilities:
- Create clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Create technical specifications for presentation/gameplay systems that meet the requirements of the design and art teams and implement them
- Flesh out, expand and implement game designs
- Analyze, organize and optimize code
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Preferably 1 published console title game
- Strong math and graphics background
- Expertise in C and C++ programming languages
- Ability and drive to contribute and advance all aspects of a game
- Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Good oral and written skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and excellent problem solver
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Experience in scripting language is a plus.