Hummingbird is a new OTT streaming service launching in Q3 2018. The service will carry both linear and VOD channel content from both the SBG portfolio and third-party content owners. It will cater to a broad audience demographic but will be uniquely different than others in the space by focusing on local market interest and content relevance. The service will launch across the main OTT platforms including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android and desktop.
Hummingbird is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group and works closely with the Sinclair Digital group based in Seattle The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our Junior Preditor/Media Specialist creates daily video content for Hummingbird’s App and desktop product while maintaining Hummingbird’s brand across platforms. Our Junior Preditor/ Media Specialist reports to Hummingbird’s Editor in Chief. The ideal candidate will have local TV station, linear programming and digital experience, as well as post production experience working with AVID systems and / or Adobe Premiere.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. We’re looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists with the day-to-day content creation for Hummingbird’s national OTT products
• Conceptualizes and packages engaging video content for linear experiences
• Maintains Hummingbird’s brand voice through overall tone and images; works in close collaboration with graphic designer and senior team
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
• 2 years of experience in the digital video or OTT content space.
• Proven experience with industry standard digital content and editing software.
• Superb graphic and video editing skills in a deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the social web, video platforms and social communication tools.
• Strong comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general.
• Excellent organizational ability to work with distribution partners or ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, while collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services.
• Solid understanding of how to manage delivery of shows to third-party distribution companies, including repackaging content to creative and technical delivery specs.
• Strong familiarity with video content management systems and digital workflows from drives to server. (i.e. ingestion, file formats and properties, compression and video transcoding principles, SAN, etc.)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!