CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
The CBS Interactive team is looking for an expert Quality Assurance Engineer to help define and execute comprehensive test plans for our web, mobile, and OTT content applications and services. As a member of our core development team, our QA Engineer should be comfortable designing effective and iterative test plans in collaboration with our our product, engineering, and operations leads.
- Build and execute test cases for CBSi web sites, media applications, delivery frameworks and client applications to ensure products are scalable and robust while still being easy to use and navigate.
- Plan, execute, and report on QA tests of core application software, bug fixes, and new enhancements.
- Help prioritize incoming issues and document steps to reproduce, as well as observed and expected system behavior.
- Actively participate in daily standups and sprint planning, with an emphasis on optimizing testing cycles/resources with development teams to deliver shippable features.
- Design and implement black box test plans for websites and mobile apps.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or 4 years equivalent experience.
- 3+ Years experience Testing Web based software in an agile environment.
- Enough Linux experience to capture and analyze device and web service logs, or configure and manage logging tools like Splunk or NewRelic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and temperament to create thorough test cases in an agile environment with multiple projects and products.
You might also have
- Experience configuring and running tools like Selenium or SauceLabs to write client level tests.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Mobile or OTT app testing experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled