Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Sony Music is looking for exceptional candidates who demonstrate the potential and capabilities to be part of the IS&T Development Rotational Program.
Trainees, while in each rotation, will be under the tutelage of one of our information systems and technology professionals, gaining hands-on exposure to the business side of the music industry and will be strongly considered for full time placement at the conclusion of the program.
The role provides essential background to various IS&T functions of Sony Music including: business and data analysis, project management, application life cycle support & testing, migration planning and coordination, business process re-engineering and technology leadership. In addition, this role focuses on supporting initiatives to use social media & digital music consumption data and apply machine learning technologies to support business functions within labels that rely on trends and patterns of music consumptions, artist and song popularity, and related metrics.
• Work with technology teams in an agile environment to define requirements and provide applications testing and documentation support
• Work with technology teams to formulate a cloud based technology stack to stream line training and machine learning model testing
• Work closely with senior business analysts to define business problems and help conceptualize technology solutions using ML and identify suitable models and training techniques to solve the problem
• Collaborate with the development team responsible for collecting and ingesting social media and streaming data to build a data pipeline to train ML models and iteratively optimize these custom models
• Participate in the review, analysis and rollout planning for new software, services and cloud offerings for high level AI processes that can be leveraged with the custom built models
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
• Assist in documentation processes spanning user requirements, functional specifications, user manuals and operations, security, & business continuity compliance
• Liberal Arts degree preferred with demonstrable proficiency in calculus or statistics
• Coursework in programming a plus
• Experience or activities that illustrates a passion for using technology to elegantly solve business problems
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated passion for the industry
• Proven success through prior accomplishments
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities and potential
• Exhibits entrepreneurial and business savvy mindset
• May 2018 grads encouraged
• 24 month assignment
• Rotation will be stationed in New York City
• Must be able to travel on occasion to International Sony Offices in support of project activities
• Once rotations are completed the trainee will be strongly considered for full-time employment within Sony Music