The Graphics Artist is responsible for the development, design, and animation of assets for the Disney ABC Networks Group properties, specifically Disney Junior, however, can include Disney XD, Disney Channel, Freeform and synergistic partners. The position reports to the Manager, Creative Services and is responsible for the day-to-day creation and execution of brand specific content from conceptual design & animation, client approval, to QC and final asset delivery for broadcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will possess superior aesthetic sensibilities as well as industry leading technical knowledge required to carry out the creative vision of our marketing partners and stakeholders. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of creative workflows, the ability to comprehend complex creative direction, and the ability to perform at a high level in supervised sessions. Acute communication skills, precise attention to detail and grace under pressure is a must. Ultimately, this role contributes to the company's success by producing top-level creative content, maximum efficiency, and productivity for the Disney ABC Networks Group.
• Create, develop and execute original design projects with full deadline responsibility from concept development, storyboard & animatic design, to finished production of content.
• Collaborate with Graphics Coordinators to maintain efficient, uninterrupted workflows.
• Understand project time and resource requirements on project inception to ensure successful completion.
• Provide conceptual input, approaching projects with an idea, rather than a style.
• Collaborate with colleagues and Art Directors to ensure consistent branding.
• Maintain overall efficiency of department by troubleshooting problems and maintaining technical standards.
• Stay abreast of emerging industry standards, adopting best practices and technologies whenever possible.
• Maintain close collaboration with senior management to keep overall priorities and goals aligned.
• Gain full proficiency in Disney proprietary systems & databases, utilizing them when needed.
• Troubleshoot technical issues ensuring accurate deliverables and correct output specifications.
• Understand client needs for assignments and execute deliverables to brand and style specifications.
• Maintain a client facing demeanor and positive can-do attitude at all times.
• Collaborate with clients to ensure they receive the highest level of service and satisfaction.
• Types of work will include but not be limited to: logo animations, show and movie launch graphic packages, promo graphic elements, repurposing of existing graphics and graphic re-versioning.
• Minimum 5 years experience in Motion Design or related field.
• Industry experience and talent demonstrated by demo reel and portfolio.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Maxon Cinema 4D,
• Autodesk Maya and Toon Boom Studio.
• Proficient in a wide variety of industry standard 3rd party software and plugins.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Boris Mocha.
• Full knowledge of digital and broadcast standards and technical requirements.
• Fluent in current design trends and concepts.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, and relentless commitment to quality and efficiency.
• Broadcast or cable television network experience is preferred.
• Exposure to a variety of Creative production environments and companies a plus.
• BFA or higher in Design or Art related field.