THE DIVISION’S STORY A+E Networks is not in the television business. It’s in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
Executive Assistant, History Programming
A+E Networks has an amazing Executive Assistant, Programming opportunity providing administrative support to the EVP, Head of Programming. If you are a television junkie with a passion for scripted programming then this is the place for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Facilitate and manage daily schedule of EVP, screen calls, and greet visitors
• Screen and route calls as necessary; maintain detailed daily call log
• Maintain effective communication with EVP regarding calendar and changes to calendar and schedule reminders
• Maintain alertness to potential problems
• Create agendas and other meeting materials as required
• Schedule travel, create itineraries, provide overall assistance and support during travel
• Prepare expense reports using Concur database system
• Reconcile travel expenses with EVP’s Corporate American Express card
• Perform various tasks using in-house database systems (Aspen, Debut, Concur, WinMLS, PPL, Jaguar)
• Receive and coordinate production payment milestones, and route to Accounts Payable/Legal as necessary
• Overall coordination and flow of office
o File maintenance; clerical initiative and support
o Fax, mail, courier and Fed Ex
o Regular and organized communication with our suppliers
o Draft routine correspondence for EVP
• Share in providing phone coverage, etc. for others in department, as necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• Develop a broad understanding of A&E’s programming
• What makes a good pitch and how to shape a pitch
• Utilize research and data to articulate and support brand stories
• How the company operates
• You’re the go-to pop culture geek on your pub quiz team
• You can tactfully and cheerfully take charge of the TV remote and have a point-of-view about which series to binge watch
• You’re a sleeve roller-upper who owns projects from end-to-end
• You know your way around Microsoft office
• 4-year college education, or equivalent life and/or work experience
• 2+ years administrative experience preferably within a media and/or agency environment
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.