What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Animation is seeking an Executive Assistant I for the Finance department to provide administrative support to the Vice President, Finance & Administration and the Vice President, Estimating & Production Accounting. Position maintains all department files, assists with general accounting processes including Payroll and A/P processing and serves as a backup to other departments as required. Entry-level position for candidates interested in developing finance/accounting related skills in a practical work environment.
• Manages daily activity sent to payroll and accounts payable and maintains various logs and files; Assists production accountants as needed.
• Organizes and maintains department files and records, physically and digitally.
• Utilizes basic finance/accounting knowledge to prepare and update reports, logs, projects, spreadsheets, etc. at the direction of the Vice President.
• Investigates and answers routine queries from production staff, vendors, other business units, etc.
• Prepares routine SAP journal entries monthly, responsible for collecting check receipts and processing deposits with treasury and in SAP.
• Processes Overhead related accounts payable invoices, ensures vendors are properly set up in SAP, responds and investigates vendor queries on payment status.
• Assists with payroll processing for Development projects using PSL, prepares timesheets, reviews start paperwork, confirms business affairs deals, reviews input for accuracy, maintains all related files.
• Office services administration – Serves as backup to the Facilities group with office set-ups and changes including furniture, phone, computer, building services; repairs, maintenance, and parking. Handles petty cash for Overhead and Production.
• Answers telephone, screens, logs and places calls, arranges executive calendar/schedules meetings, etc. Opens, reviews, distributes, mail, invoices, contracts and other documents received by the department. Orders and maintains all supplies for the department.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• High school diploma required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Previous secretarial/administrative experience required.
• Previous entertainment experience and light accounting/bookkeeping experience are a plus.
• Typing: 55 wpm; 10-key calculator by touch.
• PC Proficiency with Word, Excel spreadsheets (including proficiency with formula calculations), and Outlook Calendar.
• SAP helpful.
• Knowledge of general finance/accounting related activities.
• Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures.
• Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
• Communicates effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels.
• Maintain professional demeanor and possess the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks and work well under time constraints while prioritizing assignments.
• Must have excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available