The role of the Event Security Officer is responsible for overseeing the safety and security of the Arena’s guest, team members, and assets at all times
• Conduct patrols of the building on a regular basis
• Respond to all safety and security calls in a professional and timely manner.
• Using excellent customer service skills to interact with Arena patrons, vendors and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
• Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by Security Managers and supervisors.
• Comply with all legal and ethical instructions given by Event Security Managers and Supervisors
• Comply with and adhere to the department’s performance, conduct and attendance standards (must be able to work at least four event per week; including any events on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.)
• Adhere to the Security department’s prime directives
• Exhibit exemplary conduct and appearance while on duty
• Investigate incidents and compile information for official reports
• Other duties as assigned
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• A minimum of Entry Level Non-Exempt 0-2 years of related work experience
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Ability to represent the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
• Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without the loss of efficiency or composure.
• Ability to maintain guests, team members, and company confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
• Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information
• Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons, etc. during intensely aggravated circumstances.