Join a multi-year platform modernization effort as a Site Reliability Engineer! Among many other duties, the SRE team within Ticketmaster’s Core Ticketing Operations is focused on toil reduction, process improvement, configuration management automation, and gathering metrics for the company’s core platform. We have a huge amount of respect for the over 40 year history of the core platform, and we are excited about the opportunity to continue to evolve such a profitable platform.
We are looking for a site reliability engineer (SRE) with strong collaboration, leadership, and communication skills (including great written communication like release notes and documentation) to join us as we mature our SRE and DevOps practices. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of technical and nontechnical skills with the ability to gather requirements, develop solutions to problems, work within teams to implement those solutions, and teach others. Together with Core Ticketing management and project management, our SRE will use metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement. Our team is never satisfied with the status quo!
What the job is:
• Work closely with other teams and contractors on toil reduction efforts i.e. automation of repetitive dev and ops tasks
• Use modern tools to streamline configuration management e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Dockerfiles
• Assess opportunities to transition services and capabilities to the Cloud and execute as appropriate
• Automate deployments of services/applications into a hybrid cloud environment (CloudStack and AWS)
• Implement, advocate, and teach ITIL and SRE/DevOps best practices in a DevOps collaborative context
• Assessment and metrics surrounding SRE initiatives and usage, re-incorporating that data to help Ticketmaster with prioritization and planning.
• Building the reputation of Ticketmaster as a world class digital company with world class SRE practices.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
This a partial list of the types of tools and skills our team uses. It’s not necessary to have mastery of all of them!
• CI/CD tools
• Source control tools: Git, Gitlab
• Operational experience with Linux
• ITIL certification and competency
• Machine/Operating system: Bash shell, PowerShell
• Multipurpose: Perl, Ruby, Python
• Database Technologies: SQL, MySQl, NoSQL
• Container technology and orchestration:Kubernetes, Docker
• Configuration Management: Ansible, Salt, Chef
• Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana