The Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
• Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
• Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
• Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
• Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum three year's experience with service in a technical field.
• Proficiency with troubleshooting of computers and networking.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Any electronics education or study a plus.
• Must be self motivated
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors/outdoors in all conditions. In addition, the Broadcast Engineer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.