Responsible for installation and maintenance of digital and analog television production and transmission equipment and computer workstations. Responsible for preparing and executing maintenance schedules for studio, computer, and transmission equipment. Performs other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
• Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs digital and analog television production and transmission equipment and computers.
• Performs regular maintenance and repair of equipment using work tools and test equipment.
• Sets up and installs both studio and field television production and transmission equipment, microwaves, satellite dish, etc.
• Prepares and executes maintenance schedules for studio, computer, and transmission equipment.
• Assists in the maintenance and installation of computer workstations and computer-based television post production and automation equipment.
• Fills in for operation staff when necessary.
• Technical Capability.
• Positive Attitude.
• Ability to Act as a Team Player.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Excellent Organizational Skills.
• Reports directly to Chief Engineer
• Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a Full Time position, Monday through Friday. This position regularly requires weekend work and the ability to be on-call if necessary. Actual schedule and hours may vary.
Required Education and Experience
• Experience working in an engineering capacity, especially in a television production facility.
• Experience repairing and maintaining DVC Pro, Betacam, and SVHS record decks.
• Knowledge in non-linear editing systems and servers.
• Experience in maintaining television transmission automation systems.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Familiarity with public access rules, regulations, and mission is a plus.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.