Job ID 2016-45137
Design, develop and support the lifecycle of integrations between our Workday SaaS application and other 3rd party applications as well as key processes within Workday. The work can include design, development, testing and deployment of various types of integrations. Most common are data interfaces between Workday and other applications built with Workday Studio, as well as integrations for data warehouse operations to on premise data sources. The candidate will be instrumental in delivering key elements of our Workday projects, troubleshoot issues related to interfaces, Workday process performance or environment configurations.
This role will work within project teams, interacting with subject matter experts, project managers and technical resources working with 3rd party applications. This Application Engineer – Workday Integrations will collaborate with the workday team and will track new features in Workday service releases, and understand impact to the Tribune Media environment. Additionally, this position will require that the application engineer create and step through test scripts to evaluate interface stability against new releases of Workday, and determine impact to Tribune Media. This position involves selecting and recommending tools and solutions that work with Workday ecosystem that meet Tribune Media enterprise needs, and reviewing performance and efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technologies to ensure quality product use as well as quality project delivery that is on time and within budget.
Responsible for putting tools and structures in place to optimize project and financial management and reporting. Designs, implements, maintains as well as optimizes application use and integrations using related tools including, but not limited to Workday, Anaplan, Blackline and Workday Studio. Ensures project and change management processes are accurate and complete.
• Strong knowledge of on premise and SaaS architectures
• Experience with hands-on administration and implementation of Workday HCM and Finance
• Experience with Workday Upgrades/New Features Management
• Experience with Workday Reports and Workday Business Process steps
• Working knowledge of the Workday integration tools including, Workday Studio, EIB’s, Core Connectors and methods for management of existing interfaces
• Must collaborate with teams and prioritize and manage the environment management for Tribune Media
• Create roadmaps and timing of upgrades and maintenance for Tribune Media development environment
• Develop and document policies and procedures for business processes
• Document policies and procedures for Workday support tasks
• Partner with Project Management office to ensure all projects are delivered within scope, budget and adhere to company governance and change management processes.
• History of client-orientation, ability to partner with a variety of teams to achieve goals
• Bachelor's degree in IT/Engineering preferred, this is a highly technical position
• 4+ years of IT and business/industry work experience in technology
• Highly motivated eager to work with new technologies
• Must have strong working knowledge and of managing ERP environments
• 4+ years of experience with WorkDay business processes and the WorkDay integration tool set including Studio and EIB integrations, custom reports and calculated fields
• Must have experience working within an agile development environment
• Working knowledge of integration tools for Workday
• Experience with developing and using API’s and REST API’s
• Experience with configuring and using WorkDay API’s
• Working knowledge of XML
• Demonstrated experience in delivering/enabling highly available, scalable and secure enterprise deployments
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and teaming skills
• Excellent written and documentation skills with attention to detail
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of video, music and sports metadata, powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.