At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
This role will play a key role in managing the buy-side technology partnerships that support Pandora’s programmatic marketplaces. The Director, Programmatic Operations - DSP Partnerships will serve as the subject matter expert in the dynamic world of automated buying platforms, partnering with demand side platforms to understand their strategic needs, promote the value of Pandora’s programmatic offering to them, and to inform Pandora teams on these partner’s key strategic initiatives, advertiser relationships as well as platform capabilities. The role will leverage existing long-term partnerships and enhance Pandora’s relationships with DSP’s to drive increased value for our ad inventory via programmatic buying. We think success in this role requires extensive knowledge of online ad technology including third-party ad servers, Exchange/RTB platforms, DSP functionality, and industry trends. This person is expected to be an excellent partner and collaborator to and with Ad Sales, Analytics, Engineering and Product leadership at Pandora.
• Become an expert in understanding the value propositions of the various DSP’s in audio, mobile and web marketplaces, determine who works best for which advertising and agency partners, and why.
• Serve as the main contact between Pandora and DSP’s, cooperating closely with their and our sell side teams to resolve any technical questions and issues as they arise during all phases of programmatic deal set up and delivery.
• Establish and build key strategic relationships at all levels of the DSP.
• Be the Pandora evangelist to these technologies and getting them excited about our audience and marketplace offering.
• Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on programmatic buying trends, private exchanges, and premium programmatic initiatives.
• Design and deliver business cases, performance updates, business reviews, and growth opportunity presentations to key internal contacts.
• Evangelize programmatic advertising internally and externally by educating the internal sales organization, pricing and yield management teams on how best to pitch premium advertisers interested in accessing Pandora programmatically.
• Identify new areas of opportunity within existing placements and products.
• BA/BS degree required at minimum, MBA a plus
• Minimum of 10 years of Digital Advertising experience (including experience at an agency trading desk, demand side platform or sell side platform) with demonstrated success of establishing meaningful partnerships
• Deep knowledge and experience in mobile advertising space including technical skills (Google Ad Serving and Exchange products, rich media, attribution, audience targeting and data modeling)
• Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make recommendations to internal teams.
• Demonstrated ability in effectively coordinating and driving of strategic initiatives across an organization (both internally and externally) to achieve key deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability in managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
• Self-starter and quick learner. Confidence and ability to tackle new initiatives with little guidance.
• Creative thinker and positive attitude a must.
• Assumes accountability and ownership of projects assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.