With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
The position reports to the Chief Data Officer of Warner Music Group and is part of the WMG Data Operations team that is charged with finding and maintaining solutions that optimize the manner in which WMG handles its internal and external data. Those solutions may include changes in business processes or the implementation of new technology. Key objectives of the department will be to rationalize the way data is sourced, stored, and made available to users, with the goal of minimizing cost while maximizing the value derived from such data.
Here you’ll get to:
• Communicate closely with Warner Chappell on a global basis
• Assess the publishing data landscape across the industry
• Determine a plan for the future utilization of existing data tools
• Participate in create an evolving roadmap for the possible development of a custom applications using internal and/or external WMG resources
• Develop funding requests for proposed solutions
• Work closely with internal IT to develop software applications
• Implement and maintain business process changes
• Monitor progress and change course as needed
• At least 5 years of prior experience in the music industry; 2-3 years in music publishing
• Significant understanding of how music publishers, PROs, and digital service providers operate
• Deep knowledge of how IT departments operate
• Superb communication skills
• Customer service mentality
• Ability to adapt and lead within an ever-changing landscape
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in data management
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.