Requisition ID 21849
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Director of Commerce Strategy in New York, NY OR Knoxville, TN to join our Discovery Digital Studios team.
We’re seeking a business-minded experienced commerce expert to help lead strategy, cross-team operations, and partnerships to grow revenue and passionate audiences who love to shop. You’ll help us take our new commerce program to the next level, creating a robust revenue stream and positioning our brands as leaders among publishers in the commerce space.
Our ideal candidate will be a natural leader who has great business judgment, a deep understanding of digital media, strong analytical skills, and experience managing affiliate commerce for a publisher. This person has experience negotiating business deals, executing partnerships, and analyzing results to optimize strategy and create new big ideas—and the communication skills to create proposals and reports for executives.
What You'll Be Doing
• Develop, manage, and optimize strategic partnerships
• Manage and evolve strategy and operations with affiliate partners
• Research and recommend new opportunities to grow commerce by creating business cases and financial models
• Collaborate across teams including content, product development, marketing, analytics, legal, social media, ad sales and others to ensure strategic and operational alignment and revenue optimization
• Provide data-based insights to inform editorial strategy, product strategy and business strategy
• Network and keep abreast of the affiliate marketing industry to stay ahead of trends
• Provide monthly revenue reporting in conjunction with Finance
• You have 6+ years in digital media with preferred experience in e-commerce
• Experience managing a successful affiliate publisher program
• Strong analytical skills, reporting and data tools
• Strong project management and organization skills
• Ability to create presentations for executive leadership
• Deep understanding of cross-platform content and audience strategies
• Experience growing diverse digital revenue streams
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/