Business Affairs executive who will provide support to ABC Studios by negotiating, structuring and advising on deals relating to the development and production of programming content.
• A Director, Business Affairs leads the negotiation and documentation of above-the-line negotiations (eg., producers, directors, actors, writers),for all forms of ABC Studios programming including series, pilots, movies of the week, etc.
• The Business Affairs executive maintains budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production Executives and ABC Studios Finance and Legal groups to ensure that the creative visions for productions are accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
• Leads negotiations and documents deals with the ABC Television Network, other broadcast and cable networks and on-demand platforms in connection with licensing of ABC Studios programming.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in negotiation and drafting, preferably in the entertainment field.
• Must possess an ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
• Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
• Exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in negotiation and drafting, preferably in the entertainment field.
• Prior production and distribution experience strongly preferred or other entertainment, media, or new media related experience.
• JD or equivalent work experience required
Job Posting Industries
"The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer"
Auto req ID 69762BR